What You Should Know:
OptimizeRx, a provider of healthcare technology solutions announced it has signed an agreement to acquire Scottsdale, Arizona-based Healthy Offers, Inc., dba Medicx Health, a healthcare consumer-focused omnichannel marketing and analytics company.
– OptimizeRx will acquire Medicx for $95M, and certain members of Medicx’s management plan to invest approximately $10.5M of their proceeds into the Company’s common stock. The cash component of the acquisition is being funded from OptimizeRx’s existing cash and short-term investments and from the proceeds of a new $40M credit facility provided by Blue Torch Capital. Following the transaction, OptimizeRx will have approximately $12.5M in cash and short-term equivalents available.
Acquisition Expand OptimizeRx’s Omnichannel Reach to Consumers
The acquisition of Medicx further advances OptimizeRx’s mission to create a more informed and empowered healthcare community using new technology solutions. The addition of the Medicx patient and HCP-focused Micro-Neighborhood® Targeting Platform, built on its MX# advanced identity resolution technology, to OptimizeRx’s HCP-focused Dynamic Audience Activation Platform (DAAP) is expected to provide a single source of innovative technologies that will enhance the reach and efficacy of healthcare marketing for life sciences organizations.
Other benefits include:
– Positions in Key Growth Area: As part of OptimizeRx, Medicx technology and analytics solutions is expected to expand OptimizeRx’s addressable footprint in life science commercial digital budgets, a business area that is forecasted to grow 15% to 20% per year, and further enhance the Company’s position as a leading player in the digital pharma marketing landscape.
– Expands Landing Pads: The combined companies’ partnerships encompass most major and emerging media outlets leveraged by healthcare marketers, including advanced tv, programmatic digital display and video, social, digital radio, and digital point-of-care such as electronic health record (EHR), e-Prescribing, and telehealth platforms.
– Unlocks Value for Customers: In particular, fast-growing specialty brands looking to educate increasingly specific audiences of patients and HCPs will now be able to link the execution of HCP and consumer marketing strategies together into a truly customer-centric marketing ecosystem. We plan to initially focus the operational integration of the combined companies on the top three areas where clients are looking for long-term partners: new product launch support, increased reach to both HCPs and patients, and sustaining adherence.
– Significant Financial Benefits: Medicx is a highly profitable company that is expected to contribute meaningfully to revenue, revenue growth, EBITDA and earnings per share. The transaction is expected to be immediately accretive to earnings and on a combined basis will have a revenue run-rate approaching $100M.
“Our acquisition of Medicx is expected to be a major business accelerator for us as it encompasses all three of our growth drivers: expanding our audience, introducing new solutions, significantly opening client penetration and growth opportunities,” said Will Febbo, Chief Executive Officer, OptimizeRx. “Moreover, Medicx has a very healthy financial profile and we believe this acquisition will be transformative to our growth and profitability.”